217 S. CARLISLE ST
P.O. BOX 718
NEW BLOOMFIELD, PA 17068
Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS)
Call 717.375.4834 | Contact Us
5006 EAST TRINDLE RD.
MECHANICSBURG, PA 17050
7564 BROWNS MILL ROAD, CHAMBERSBURG, PA 17202
If your child struggles with social, emotional or behavioral challenges, Laurel Life’s Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services (BHRS) may be right for you.
Designed for children and adolescents between the ages of 3 and 21 who have been diagnosed with an emotional disturbance, serious social problem and/or behavior problems including ADHD and Autism Spectrum Disorder, BHRS provides intensive therapeutic support within the child’s natural environment.
Also known as wraparound services, BHRS aims to provide personalized treatment in a familiar setting with the goals of promoting independence, decreasing problem behaviors and increasing positive social interactions. Services include:
• Therapeutic Staff Support (TSS) – The TSS provides one-on-one intervention in school, home or community settings, including crisis intervention, emotional support, problem solving, time structuring activities and behavioral modification strategies.
• Mobile Therapy (MT) – The MT provides individual therapy with the child as well as family treatment or therapy with other caregivers in home or school settings.
• Behavioral Specialist Consultant (BSC) Services - The BSC designs and directs the implementation of the treatment plan, monitors treatment provided by the TSS and ensures the delivery of quality services.
Throughout BHRS treatment, the TSS, mobile therapist and behavioral specialist consultant collaborate to empower individuals and their families with skills and expertise that promote independence and reduce problem behaviors. Success is measured by:
• Increases in pro-social behavior
• Improvements in positive self-management skills
• Reductions in out-of-home placements
• Enhancements in skills parents and caregivers can utilize when working with the child
BHRS interventions are implemented based on the recommendation of a licensed psychologist or psychiatrist. All services must be authorized by the Managed Care Organization and meet medical necessity criteria established by the State of Pennsylvania. Participants must also meet eligibility requirements for Medical Assistance.
To learn more or to find out if BHRS is right for your child, contact Laurel Life today.
Copyright © Laurel Life. All rights reserved.